Plant nutrition innovation that drives customer success.
QMIN complexed nutrients™ utilize a proprietary manufacturing technology whereby a blend of polysaccharides is reacted with specific ionized nutrients, resulting in complexed compounds which help improve nutrient uptake and translocation within the plant.
Foliar feeding is challenging in practice. This is primarily due to a semi-impenetrable barrier on the outside of leaves called the cuticle, a waxy substance produced by epidermal cells which limits the absorption of positively charged particles. Because of their neutral nature, QMIN™ products can circumvent this barrier and pass through the cuticle and stomatal openings.
QMIN™ complexed nutrients meet crop nutrient requirements and provide you with great flexibility in your operation:
- Effective uptake and translocation across a wide range of high-value crops including fruits, nuts and vegetables
- Compatible with a wide variety of fertilizers and crop production products, thanks to QMIN’s unique polysaccharide complexation technology
- Compatibility in a tank mix with other fertilizers and agricultural chemicals allows for the efficient storage, shipment and use of plant nutrients. Compatible mixes, when prepared as directed, stay in solution for a useful length of time, do not produce violent or volatile reactions, do not raise the temperature at which the solution forms a precipitate, nor change the new solution in any other deleterious way. QMIN™ products offer a broad range of compatibility, both when mixed with other polysaccharide complexes and when mixed with common primary nutrient fertilizers. Many QMIN™ products have unique compatibility in acidic solutions.
- Stability in low pH tank mixes and acid fertilizers allows great flexibility in management practices and fertility programs
QMIN™ products have been designed to optimize the following important areas when applied as recommended:
- Increase the nutrient permeation through the leaf waxy cuticle and stomata
- Improve the uptake of complexed nutrients into leaf tissue, and translocation of the polysaccharide-nutrient complex to metabolically important sites in the plant
- Minimize formation of insoluble nutrient precipitates in soil and tank mix
- Minimize phytotoxicity risk
- There are many potential factors that increase the risk of phytotoxicity. Accumulation of overlapping chemical residues, adverse weather conditions and inaccurate application can all cause phytotoxicity. Some foliar nutrients can cause cellular damage to leaves (phytotoxicity) because they possess high salt indexes that rupture plant cells they contact by increasing the osmotic pressure. Because of their complexed and neutral nature, QMIN™ products can minimize this phytotoxicity factor.